Sunday 15 November 2015

DIE WRECKED - 'Mongrel Hordes' CD review


DIE WRECKED - 'Mongrel Hordes' CD review


"First off, I must apologise for the fact that these guys did post me a physical copy of this with a cool little press release printed on bright orange paper, but for the life of me I can't remember where I put it, and am therefore being forced to review this via the less favourable format of Bandcamp. Anyway, DIE WRECKED from Leicester play really awesome pissed-off political hardcore punk with dirty power-chorded riffs, loose but blistering drum-work, and three way vocals (one shouty male, one gruff male, and one high-pitched female) that layer and intersect brilliantly. I wish I still had the CD with the lyrics so I knew exactly what they were singing about, but song titles like 'Middle Class Hypocrisy', 'Get Off the Fence', and 'Privileged Parasite' should give you a pretty good idea of the tone of this. Favourites for me would have to be 'Subhumans', 'Regression of Progression', and aforementioned opener 'Middle Class Hypocrisy', but if you're into short, sharp, noisy, political punk rock that doesn't let up, then you can't go too far wrong with this."


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment